Monday, May 23, 2011

New Innovations

So, people, in continuing my blog-nation I have decided to amp it up just a little bit. I know I just vowed to beat the semi-dead horse back to life, but these changes are pertinent and will both of us happy. My previous post entitled "Innovations" contained both new ideas and a long, winding-road post about connectivity (illustrating one of those new ideas).  It was boring, and a long time ago, a lot like George Bush's presidency. Zing.  This will be snappy and hilarious.

Entroducing (yes that's a DJShadow reference) my New Innovations!
(NOTE: I actually wrote this some time ago, so some things are really new, while other things are more like, hey, brosef, check this out if you haven't...ok?)

--Firstly, book reviews. (Like this.)  I do a lot of reading, and I think it is high time I wrote reviews.  This helps me and you: it helps me because I will have a catalogue of book reviews in case some awesome company wants to hire me for just that; it helps you because, well, if you like my style and my taste, maybe you'll like the books I read too.  Here's the catch: most people review books from a reader's standpoint, or for the mass populace; I am going to review it from a writer's standpoint, first and foremost.  Other things will go in there, but these reviews will detail the style of writing, the prose and punctuation (not really but the alliteration is solid)- character theme plot and transitions.  (You have examples in the two I have up.  More to come.) Anyway, book reviews!! yay. (still yay.)

--Secondly, I am starting a quote of the day.  This will be on my page somewhere when I can figure out how to have it come up alongside my main post (anyone want to help me with this?).  Hopefully this will act quite like small pieces of chocolate or hard candy, whichever you prefer, and will either lift your day along or sympathize with the drag that life can be.  Look for these quotes, they will be better than your fortune cookie formula, I promise. (Now I have tried for a couple weeks to figure this out, but seriously does anyone know how to do this? A bit of text alongside my latest post that can be changed and yet archived?  Lemme know.)
Example quote:

"Since when did forgiveness become a better quality than loyalty."- Mad Men

--Thirdly, I am, in the coming days or weeks, going to start cataloguing my posts under different sub-headings.  This will help newcomers find topics that are more interesting to themselves, as well as allow me to see what I write about more often. For instance, one category will be Book Reviews.

--Fourthly, I have updated the look of this blog.  The text is now white and in a different font (for your reading pleasure).  The title simply reads Unpublished, as I have actually stopped my longstanding contract as a construction overseer and am now just an unpublished writer.  I would like to ad a by-line, a mini-what-is-the-what-is-this-blog-about, but can't seem to get it to line up right.  Maybe a photoshop is in order.  Help on that, too? Thanks? Thanks.

--Fifthly, I added a feature, much like that of my "p.s." in which all italicized parentheses, and the contents therein, unless otherwise specified, are editor's notes.  This is to make sure I voice my edits, but also to hopefully greatly increase the humor and depth that this blog is so well known for.

--Sixthly (a word, for sure), there is no sixthly.  These are all my additions.  If you can think of anything you'd like to see, please call 1-800-HARGENSHNARGEN and a volunteer answering a phone I set up in Deleware will be with you.  But really, if you think of things you'd like me to do (look at these for examples) just leave a comment.  Keep in mind this is about writing, life, and the pursuit of inspiration.

Much love.

p.s. I'm really into 30 Rock at the moment.  For like, the fourth time.  Word.

1 comment:

  1. Love the quote .... you figured out how to do that, and the subcategories too! What's DJShadow?? I love the idea of you reviewing books from a writer's standpoint .... sounds different. Have you actually thought of calling publishers for a job?? Or even religious journals, i.e Tikkun. You never know! I'd love to hear how surfing inspires you since you're doing that more now. I know for me when I'm out in nature ..... whether it's the trees, ocean, or rolling hills, I feel more peaceful and calm. I need to do that more!! Keep blogging!!!!

    ReplyDelete